Main Forum

Official Forums

4 replies
288 posts
+3 votes
AI
AI Officers
Allies
I hate guru. And Guru hates me. But I still go there, because where else is there?. Well, check out the latest blog.
Personally I'm glad to see it, even though there are a lot of examples of other games' official forums being handled poorly. Hopefully, Martin is in charge, I'll say that.

Also, Ravious responded with the single oddest blog post I think I've ever seen him write. I know, they can't all be the best. Maybe he was sleepy...or something. I don't know, but here it is.

http://www.killtenrats.com/2012/03/15/gw2-demand-more/

Anyone else happy about the thought of finding themselves guru-less?

I'll at least hold out hopes that the official forums will be ok - may end up disappointed, but there's hope for now.
signature_XBRVNTKC.png
Posted Mar 16, 12 · OP
0  votes
Rordan a
574 posts
+21 votes
Admins
AI
AI Officers
I don't go to Guru. I hate Guru. I have hated Guru from the first time my fingertips skittered along the keys for a price check.

I deal with negativity and bashing and stupidity all day long. From children ... badly treated, poorly behaved children. I have no need of it from anyone in my off-time. It makes me cranky ... when it is an 'adult' I sometimes just want to physically beat them to death :) ... like I said, I get cranky.

Consequently, I rarely go to Guru. Aye goes to Guru. Sometimes she finds out stuff for me. Usually I just wing it. I hear gossip from her. I got Guild Wiki. The trade forums? Pah - I'll lose a few plat just to avoid Guru - no prob. Lose hundreds of plat? Whatever. It's easier to put it on a mule than to deal with Guru.

I would like for the GW2 community to not be a bunch of snotty little piss-ants. That would be a nice change.

But ...

Did anyone go clicking links? Because Regina commented with a link to the blog he was discussing and it rocked. Way cool. Be sure to get to the whole blog post by clicking on the 'more' link at the bottom.

I'm putting up the "What do you expect? I expect more." somewhere in my room on Monday. :)
Posted Mar 16, 12
0  votes
288 posts
+3 votes
AI
AI Officers
Allies
I checked it out - thats a good post.

I used guru for news, dev articles, dev posts, and buying/selling. Anytime I ever tried to join the "discussions" or state my opinion, it went south. I stopped going for a long time, but there wasn't anywhere else, so I started going back. I hate them, though.

Being able to get news, articles, and dev updates from an official source - yes please.

The quality of discussions might be better in an official setting, might not. We'll see. I hope that they don't just eliminate every post they disagree with, or even good points made in bad tones.
signature_XBRVNTKC.png
Posted Mar 16, 12 · OP
0  votes
Aye a
973 posts
+19 votes
Admins
AI
AI Officers
Allies
Wow. That's a huge surprise, to hear that they'll have official forums. They've always seemed so opposed.

I understand why you want Martin so specifically: He's personable, fun, has a good sense of humor -- I like him. He shows himself to the GW2 fans. He plays :) I like it when people play. But, he's safe doing that.

For myself I'll hope that Regina runs it and takes enough of it back to be safe showing herself, too.

Have you ever gone and read Brinstar's blog? I know, she hasn't been present at the biggest and most active of the GW fansites, that she hasn't been the one to post to Guru, but... She hates them. I mostly quit posting at Guru at the same time that Brinstar did, and why the hell not? She walked in, and she was trashed -- from her looks, her nationality, her size, her gender, her sexual orientation, her enjoyment of horror and zombies -- in one week the posters on Guru put her through the mill like no one should ever have to endure. But, she endured. She just decided to thumb her nose at Guru. So, unless it's completely business she doesn't interact there. Maybe the official forums will be different. That's what I hope -- that we finally get to see Regina and not just Brinstar. I think I'll like her, too.
signature_NUIS8_MPC.png
Posted Mar 16, 12
0  votes
288 posts
+3 votes
AI
AI Officers
Allies
I haven't read Brinstar's blog, but I'll have a look.
signature_XBRVNTKC.png
Posted Mar 17, 12 · OP
0  votes
Announcement of